Sunday, August 21, 2011

Quick Back to School Makeup!

So I go back to school tomorrow! So I decided to do a very simple back to school look that takes just under 7 minutes (that includes washing my face and moisturizing)!  Actually, I guess it's two looks because some days I wear the eyeliner and some days without. You'll see what the makeup looks like with and without the eyeliner. Enjoy (:

Products Used:
Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup in Blush Medium
Covergirl&Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in 220
Estee Lauder eye shadow palette (Can easily be substituted)
Maybelline Define-a-brow for dark blondes
Loreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black
Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten in Honey Dipped
Loreal Infalliable Glass in Fiery




Before:






















Step 1: Foundation&Concealer
So I decided to go with a pressed foundation rather than liquid because there's not a lot of blending involved and then put on a powder to seal the foundation. This foundation is particular has been one of my favorites. 

I apply concealer right after under my eye and on my lids. This certain concealer doesn't settle so I use this as an eye primer as well that way I don't have to take the extra step of apply my Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance.'m surprised by how well the concealer works as an eyeshadow primer when I'm in a pinch! 



Step 2: Eyes
The brush I used is similar to the MAC 217 (I got the brush in the picture at CVS). This brush is great because it can pack color and bled color as well. I applied a light shimmery shadow to the lids. I used the eyeshadow second row down on the left side (the one under the pink shimmery shadow). Then blended that out. Then applied eyeliner and mascara. Eyeliner isn't necessary if you are in a rush. In the end I'll show you how the look turns out when I didn't apply the eyeliner. For my brows I used the pencil only on the inner corners of my brows and then the shadow from the arch out.






Step 3: Blush and Gloss
I absolutely adore the Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten! This product works as both a blush and contour! I also love the Loreal Infalliable glosses because it cuts out half of the touch ups needed throughout the day!




Without the Eyeliner:








Hope everyone has a great week back at school! 

^-^Apriljoy

10 comments:

Jadore-Fashion said...

Love the fresh make up! What did you use to fill out you brows?

xoxo
Stella

http://lookbook.nu/jadorefashions

Apriljoy said...

Thanks! I used Maybelline Define-a-Brow for Dark Blonds in the inner 1/3 of my brow and then Brun Eyeshadow from Mac for the rest of my brows :)

Gertie said...

Very cute! I always like the all natural look for make up :)

How's school going so far?

Natalie said...

Love it! Your skin looks flawless! And I want to try that liquid liner.

Apriljoy said...

@Gertie Thanks! And I will be doing a post on school very soon! :)

@Natalie the liquid eyeliner is amazing!

Chic Escape said...

you have very nice skin. Envy! love the make up on you.

Apriljoy said...

awh thanks girl!

Natalie said...

So natural and pretty. You have the prettiest skin ever!

Anonymous said...

PINAY! preettyy Pinay!
i truly love pinay beauty haha
coz I'm Pinay too.. =)kiddnme *winks*

anyhoo, glad you came across my blog..
sorry for my late reponse, y'knw mommies are always busy haha..
i went through your blog, and i enjoyed reading all your blog entries! i love this tutorial, so easy and fun to do!
you're doing great!
i'm loving your blog ha.. awesome writings! great!

btw, i followed you! let's keep in touch oksie!
see you then!

Risa said...

This is a gorgeous look! Great blog u have here...thanks for following my blog and dropping by! I just followed back! =)

xx