Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I got a new puppy!

On Monday my brother's girlfriend Kansas and I picked up Gisele! She is an AKC (American Kennel Club) Purebred Shih Tzu that's 12 weeks old with red and white fur with green eyes and a pink nose! She's been quite a handful for the past two days but makes our household very happy! By the way, if anyone has any tips on potty training a puppy let me know!  Which isn't something that I want to happen. I'm attempting to have her pee outside! If there's any tips let me know! I've been cleaning the spot in the house that she used as her "area" with white vinegar. Have you guys tried white vinegar to get rid of their scent? I've used baking soda with the vinegar as well. i greatly appreciate any tips thrown at me on raising a puppy! Considering this is the first puppy of my own (I know it's kind of late for me to have my first puppy seeing as how most people are really young when they own a puppy or dog!)! I have a lot to learn! Enjoy the pictures ^-^










  Until next time!

     ^-^ Apriljoy

4 comments:

Gertie said...

what really worked for my basset puppy is consistency. I made sure that she has a time schedule of doing her puppy business outside. Puppies have the tendencies to pee and poop a lot (all the time actually lol), so you need to make sure that she has that opportunity(about 3-4x a day -- morning, after meals, before bed) I usually let mine out after she wakes up from a nap and after meals.

When dogs get older, the don't pee as much and by then you already established the rules.

Hope that helps! :)

Apriljoy said...

Oh okay! I think I'll try and keep track of the usual times that she pees! And get her on a good schedule! Thanks for the tips girl!

Marilou said...

too cute for words!!! I love puppies :)

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

ooooh! how cute :) we have two dogs ourselves but I have no idea how my dad potty trained them... If he were home I'd ask :) The one thing I do know it that you have to talk a lot too them, like you do with a baby. That way they learn to recognize your voice and listen better :) x