Friday, September 9, 2011

What's in my Travel Bag + some traveling tips!

Hello everyone! Excuse me for my lack of posting for last week or so! Over labor day weekend I went to visit my fiancé at his home base (he's in the Airforce). Since he and I our currently in a long distance relationship while I am in school we travel to see one another as often as possible! Which means I am traveling quite a lot! So I thought I would show you all what's in my travel makeup bag as well as some traveling tips! So let's begin!

Overview: The liquid containers can be no more than 3.4 fl. oz. Fortunately, a lot of makeup products are less about 3 oz or less! So be prepared! Use a clear bag. Some airports even ask to take the cosmetics bag out to further inspect what is in the liquid containers.


























 Face Products:
-Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
-Elf Tinted Moisturizer (I mix the two moisturizers to match my skin tone)
-Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Honey Dipped (A great blush and bronzer in one!)
-Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Mineral Makeup 
-Simply Ageless eye concealer ( I love this product it works as more than an eye concealer!)































Eye Products:
-Loreal Million Lashes
-Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance
-Loreal Lineur Intense
-Define-a-Brow 
-ELF Beauty School 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette (LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!)






















 The ELF Eyeshadow Palette

I love this palette because it only cost $4.99 and has a fantastic color pay off as well being compact! I completely recommend that you purchase this palette! It's slightly smaller than my mac palette as you can see and if you were to damage (which hopefully wouldn't happen) your palette then at least 5 dollars was spent rather than $35 or $40! I've been using this palette everyday since I purchased it (which was right before my trip).






























Travel Tips:
#1 Wear comfortable clothes: I suggest plain jeans and a t-shirt. Don't wear a belt or a lot of accessories that way going through security will go smoothly rather than having to take off a belt, earrings, necklace etc.

#2 Wear comfortable shoes: I suggest shoes that can be slipped on and off rather than tennis shoes with ties, of heels.

#3 Don't forget to eat!: During travel a lot of people are in a rush to get from on place to another. If there isn't enough time between terminals bring along snacks that will fill. 
 So that's just a few traveling tips! If you have any travel tips feel free to leave them in the comments section! :) I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! And happy travels!




^-^Apriljoy

4 comments:

Natalie said...

These are great tips, I love the idea of using a clear bag. Also, I MUST try that eye palette! It's gorg! Loved reading about your fave products. :) 

Apriljoy said...

@ Natalie thanks! And the palette is amazing!

Anonymous said...

great tips hun! i am dying to get the laura geller.. uggh.. i wish to have those! thanks for sharing hun!

Anonymous said...

Great info, you made some truly interesting points. I appreciate your wonderful effort.

Travel