Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Too Faced Neutral Eye Shadow Dupe! For only $6.99!!!!!

Hello Everyone! So as you may or may not have noticed from reading my blog, I LOVE neutral eye shadows! I just love how sophisticated you can make colors like brown, taupe, white, and combine those colors to compliment one's eyes. With that, I'm always on the lookout for natural eyeshadow palettes that are affordable and compact enough to bring to travel! Of course, one of the palettes I had planned to buy was the Too Faced Neutral Eye Shadow palette. Yet, I really can't justify spending $36 dollars for an eyeshadow palette right now. However, when I went to Rue 21 and saw a palette that looked almost identical to the Too Faced one I figured I had to give it a try! I'm so glad I did! When you see the pictures of the palette you'll be surprised how much the two palettes look alike!




 






















(Too Faced Neutral Eye Shadow Collection (Source: Specktra.net)
























[With Flash] Rue 21 Natural Eye Kit






















[Without Flash] Rue 21 Natural Eye Kit


Swatch without a base






















Don't the two look so similar?! Right off the bat, at least 6 of the shadows are on par to the Too Faced ones. The other three (the column of shadows on the right) aren't really exact dupes, but the colors in the Rue 21 palette actually work perfectly for my skin tone. Although I don't own the Too Faced Neutral Eye Palette, the quality of the Rue 21 Natural Eye Kit has far surpassed my expectations. Anyway, here's a few photos of some looks that I did using the palette. The looks are going from the biggest shadow then going across the palette. Enjoy! :)








 I love love love this palette! The price isn't bad either! ;) Hope you guys can get your hands on this palette and try it out for yourself! I'm so excited about this dupe. I can't wait to try out cheaper alternatives to other high-end products! 


Hope you guys have a great week! 




^-^Apriljoy

6 comments:

angryuterus said...

Very pretty! I love the last one too. :) I wish I was more into (knowledgable) fashion and makeup. :(

Anonymous said...

very pretty! lovely pinay! love your eyemakeup hun! keep in touch!

angryuterus said...

Yeah, I'm in nursing school. I graduate in may. Yay!

Claudia Cifuentes said...

oh my goodness! those colors are amazing! love how iridescent they are!

Nikki said...

Hello! Beautiful skin, you don't even need natural eye makeup. but it is pretty ;)

Apriljoy said...

thanks ladies! :)