Monday, November 8, 2010

It's getting cooler!

Time for a new post! I decided to change the template on my blog. Is it a yay or a nay? Please let me know because I'm not even sure how I feel about it.

Yesterday I spent the majority of my day Christmas shopping early so that I could get some gifts out of the way. 

GIFT LIST:
Mom
Dad
Brother
Brother's Girlfriend
Boyfriend
Boyfriend's Mom
Boyfriend's Dad
Boyfriend's Sister

I purchased the perfume below for my mom. I wanted to purchase a gift set for her but the lady at Estee Lauder said that since the fragrance was so new, they will not have gift set this year. So I decided to get the biggest size instead.


For my dad and brother I went to a store called Cotton On. The store actually just opened on Friday at the mall I went to. It's an Australian based clothing store that spread to Asia then to the the U.S. starting with California and is now making a mark here in Florida. I think I'm really going to like this store. The store seems like a blend of Zara and H&M combined! Which, in my book, is a great combination. Please excuse my tiredness in this picture. You can look at some of their clothes, shoes, & accessories here.


These are a few things I picked up for myself from Cotton On:

Two scarves, one for me, and one for my mom. I love how they're rolled up like this when you buy them.

You gotta love when you can get a shirt for $6.90! 

I'm still not sure what to get my boyfriend's dad, sister, and my brother's girlfriend. Any suggestions?
Here are a couple other things I picked up while I was out yesterday:

After I was done shopping at the mall I went to Plato's Closet. If you don't know what Plato's Closet is click hereWhile I was waiting for my clothes to be inspected I looked around and found this ring that was too adorable to pass up. I love how the ring doesn't completely close.If you look in the second picture you can see that there's a Tiffany & Co. engraving on the inside of the ring. I didn't even notice it until I got home. But I'm positive this is a knock off. The ring only cost me $2.00.



After Plato's I went to Goodwill to drop off some clothes that Plato's Closet didn't want. While I was there I looked around and picked up this belt. It only cost me 1.09 and looks like it's never been worn. Another plus, it's real leather. Got to love a leather belt for a dollar. Don't be afraid to buy from thrift/consignment stores. You just have to keep an open mind and remember to wash everything you buy from there! haha Just kidding...nevermind I'm not. But just have a good eye and you'll find cute stuff!

 I also went to GNC where I picked up my favorite toner for the winter and for nighttime: 

I absolutely loveeeee this toner! I may do a review on it. But in another post. You can read about this great stuff here.


And now for the FOTD's:

Look #1
FACE:
Serious Skin Care HydraPixel (as my primer)
Clinique Even Better Foundation in 05 Neutral (FAVORITE FOUNDATION!)
Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in 03 Stay Beige
For my blush and
contouring I used the Coastal Scent Palette (As shown below)

EYES:
All my shadows in this look are from the original Coastal Scents 88 palette except:
Bare Minerals eyeshadow in Opal for my inner tear duct
NYX White Eyeliner Pencil for my water line
Loreal Linear Intense Carbon Black
Lancome Hypnose Drama
MAC Brun for my brows

LIPS:
Loreal Endless Lipstick in Chocolate Obsession
This is a very pigmented lipstick so I barely have
to put any of it on! 



 The circled shadows are the ones used:



Look #2
FACE:
Serious Skin Care HydraPixel (as my primer)
Clinique Even Better Foundation in 05 Neutral Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in 03 Stay Beige
Ulta Blush in Sun Kissed

EYES:
I used all the shadows on the right side of this Estee Lauder Palette. 
I got the palette in a gift set for spending a certain amount at their counter. 
If you're interested, I believe the shadows are sold in Estee Lauder Signature Quads
Loreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black
Clinique Lash Building Primer
Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara


Lips:
Clinique Lipstick Watermelon (only a little though, it's a very pigmented lipstick)
MAC Dazzleglass in Funtabulous




So that's it for my post! So now I'm going to get ready and try and finish the rest of my Christmas shopping if possible and run some errands. I hope you all had a lovely weekend & have a wonderful week!

Tootles! 
Apriljoy


3 comments:

JOCEE411 said...

nice blog! looking foward to future posts!
check mine out at
http://jocee411.blogspot.com/
dnt forget to follow if u like! :)
xoxo

o said...

Love the template of your blog. Looks fab!


Confessions of a Beautyholic

Apriljoy said...

@Beauty Addict Awhh! Thanks I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first but now it's growing on me!