Thursday, November 11, 2010

FOTD & Review

Hello! So I'm going to do a review on the product below: 

Now before I talk about this palette I'm going to post some pictures of it! Yay for pictures!

I got two different palettes:

They don't really have a name for the palettes except palette 1 and 2. 


Here is palette 1: 



Palette 2:


Swatches: First row of colors on top of Too Faced Shadow Insurance. 
Second row has no base.

Look I've done with palette 1:


Look I've done with Palette 2:



The Review:
If you have ever used the Original Coastal Scent 88 Palette this is very similar. However, with these palettes all the shadows have sort of a metallic finish. Similar to the Coastal Scents Metal Mania Palette except these ones have more colorful colors as well such as blue, yellow, green, and tons of pinks and purples. The texture of these shadows are very smooth & very pigmented! Ever since I've gotten these palettes I haven't even really touched my other shadows. They all the colors I really need & the colors are great for work! 

But the best thing about these two palettes...

Yup you read that right the palettes were both three dollars!! I got these at Family Dollar which is the last place I'd ever think would have a great palette like these. They're the same size as the Coastal Scent 88 palettes. But the only con is they may not be available at all Family Dollars. I liked the palettes so much that I got another back up for each one. 

Which is still only 12 dollars all together. What a deal right? Definitely go check your Family Dollar store if you have one in your area! There is a website on the back of the palette which you can click here to see if the palette is there. All I can is I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette!!! 





Anyway here was my OOTD for yesterday:
I love how crazy the stockings in this outfit is; since the skirt and top are kind of plain this adds a little something without having to add a crazy accessory.




I'm wearing the ring from my last blog post. I got a ton of compliments wearing this ring and how the design is so unique. I love how I didn't even spend 5 bucks on the ring!



I hope you all have a wonderful day today & thank you again to all those who served and are currently serving for our country!

Until Next time!

^_^ Apriljoy

6 comments:

Soo said...

what foundation are you wearing? Your skin looks flawless! Great eye makeup application too!

Thanks for the rec for the Pat Wexler eye gel - I was just eyeing that today! I'll def look into it now. :)

Apriljoy said...

Aw thanks! I'm using Clinique's Even Better Foundation! It's my favorite foundation! Ever!!

Anh said...

found you via Asian Beauty Blog. your make up looks are so pretty!

Apriljoy said...

Aw that's so great! It feels like no one goes on ABB as much as before! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love that stockings. I've never seen that before. where did you get it?

Apriljoy said...

Awh thanks! I got it from Charlotte Russe! :)