Friday, November 5, 2010

An Introduction... and FOTD

Hello everyone that may have stumbled upon here! I decided to make a blog! 

So I haven't really had a blog before unless you count my posts on Asian Beauty Blog/ABB haha. I decided making a blog would be cool so that I could keep track of my make up looks as well as see how I grow in my makeup and everything else in my life that I post on here! 
I'm really excited to start a blog to see how much I grow in everything!  


So let me introduce myself a little bit.. 


My name is April and I'm in college right now which is kind of fun for the most part! I also have two jobs. One at the hospital (not medical related) and also at a retail store. I have an awesome family and a great boyfriend! You'll probably see me post about school, work, my family, my boyfriend, and other ramblings on this blog... but you'll most likely see me post things on beauty and makeup which I'm so excited about!


I hope you enjoy! Even though I'm not really sure if anyone is going to read this.. haha


I'm going to start off with my Face of the Day [F.O.T.D] for today.



FACE:
Serious Skin Care HydraPixel (As my primer)
Clinique Even Better Foundation in 05 Neutral
Clinique Stay Matter Sheer Pressed Powder in 03 Stay Beige
Ulta Sun Kissed Blush for Cheeks








EYES:
MAC Humid Eyeshadow for lid
Original Coastal Scent 88 Palette 
Stila Kajal eye liner in Sapphire for waterline
Loreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black
Bare Minerals Opal Eyeshadow for inner tear duct
Clinique Lash Building Primer
Lancome Hypnose Drama









 The circled shadows are the one's I used.
Well.. Obviously, why else would I circle them. haha 

As you can see I've already hit pan on two of
the shadows in the palette. This is the only Coastal Scents Eyeshadow palette I own. I think this is  pretty good deal if you want to try a bunch of different shadows without breaking the bank. I barely even use the brighter colors since they're not appropriate for either of my jobs. Unfortunately.. boo. ha
 


MAC Humid which I used on the lid
















































I decided to curl my hair today. I used my hair straightener to curl my hair.

































And here is just a little snippet of my life!


This is our dog Reyna!


  And if you're wondering why she is wearing a diaper.. she's partially paralyzed.The previous owners stepped on her when she was first born. It's kind of a sad story but she has improved so much! We've gotten her to the point where she can run around and even jump up onto our couch and it doesn't make her tired. However she still can't control her bowel movements. If she didn't wear the diaper there would be droppings everywhere which is so not but the business! ha


 So that's it for my FOTD and my small introduction! 
Until my next post... tootles! 


^_^ Apriljoy

5 comments:

PrincessLisax3 said...

Hi April! Hehe Im already liking you! I like your eyeshadow. What brushes do you use? I have a hard time with eyeshadow..I have small lids and a not so defined crease..its hard to work w my eyes. It has potential, stupid hand!

Aww your doggy! Im glad you guys picked her out & take care of her. I don't like hearing sad stories about animals =(. But at least she's w good people like you!

& your hair is long like mine! Do you ever get tired of it? Mine is so long to wear it gets into everything. I have to be careful when I eat too. My sons like to tug on my hair and sometimes even tie it to a toy while Im asleep.

Well welcome to blogger & I hope you keep posting!

o said...

You hair is awesome! Love your makeup too

Apriljoy said...

You two are so sweet! Thanks for welcoming me to blogspot! I'm still learning how everything works on here so bare with me! haha

@PrincessLisax3 You're so nice! I know how you feel about the small lids! I'll try and list the brushes I use on my next post! :) I understand how you feel about long hair! Sometimes I get tired of having long hair! Especially when I curl it! Sometimes I get so impatient and just want to give up. But I'd look crazy only having part of my hair curled. haha. Thanks for your warm welcome!

And thanks Beauty Addict! You're so sweet!

I'm glad to know that there is someone out there reading my blog!

♥ Apriljoy

aberracja said...

I just love your hair! So shiny and long. I really want to have hair as long as yours someday :)

Marilou said...

YOUR HAIR, I'm so jealous 0_0