Wednesday, October 19, 2011

REVIEW: L'oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner 9/10!

Hello Everyone! Hope everything is going well! If you may have remembered from my post prior to this one, I was freaking out over my Ortho test. Well.. I got my test back and got a 95%! I'm so happy! But the two that I should have known was the deltoid tuberosity and the linea aspera which I got mixed up! I have no idea how I mixed up the two because one is on the humerus and the other is on the femur.. oh well! At least I got an A! ^-^ Anyway, onto the review..




























I went to CVS over the weekend and was planning on getting a black pencil eyeliner because I don't have one. I planned on trying the Milani liquid eye pencil because I heard a lot of positive feedback from that product but when CVS was doing a spend $15 get $5 CVS bucks I grabbed this eyeliner as one of the products which ended up being cheaper after I used my $2 off coupon for L'oreal eye products! woop! woop! ha Anyway, I tried this out and absolutely love this eye pencil! I may try and Milani eyeliner and do a side by side comparison of the two one day! Until then, here's a review on the L'oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner 
^-^

Pros:
-Applies smoothly
-Easy to apply
-Easily accessible at a drug store
-Great staying power

Cons:
-Pencil which means it will have to be sharpened
-Not as easy to take off as a liquid eyeliner would be so I actually have to use an eye makeup remover haha
 

When I applied the product I was pleasantly surprised by how soft the pencil is. Unlike most eyeliner pencils, the product is really soft. Similar to the Stila Kajal Eyeliners. However, unlike the Stila Kajal Eyeliners, this eye pencil has a great staying power! Which is comparable to liquid or gel eyeliners! I definitely believe that this product stays true to the "liquid pencil" factor. So here's the picture of what my eyeliner looked like in the beginning of the day and how my eyes looked like at the end of the day. Enjoy! 

When I applied the eyeliner early in the morning:




















My eyes by the end of the day:






So as you can see.. by the end of the day my eyeliner faded at my waterline but stayed on near the upper lash line perfectly! So I've got to give this product a 9/10! I'm taking away a half of a point for being a pencil which means I'd have to sharpen in which I really am not a fan of sharpening pencils. Also, when it's time for me to wash my face I have to use makeup remover to take off this eyeliner. Usually, I just cleanse my face with my cleanser and it takes off all of my makeup but since the staying power on this product holds up well, I have to take the extra step. If you already use eye makeup remover then it's probably not going to be a problem. But that's just my person opinion. 

I hope you guys enjoyed the review! Let me know what your favorite eye liner is! 

^-^Apriljoy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hi apriljoy, I like everything about your all make up post tutorials and this tips help a lot. hope if you don;t mine to followed you here in blog so as nice a fellow filipina. Tc Arceli

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Heyyyyyy another nursing student ! ;D

& now how can I not follow your blog? haha So yea, new follower here :)

Does the eyeliner smudge during the day? If not, I'm definitely going to have to try this out for myself


<3,
Dana

simplyvonne said...

OoO I love the shape of your eyes, so pretty!

to answer your question, I got the wallet as a gift and I believe my friend got it from Urban Outfitters =)

Donna said...

wow a pencil liner that dosent smudge or fade!?! im totally getting this. the only reaosn why i use liquid liner is cause pencils always wear out on my eyes. nice review!

Apriljoy said...

@lovelypettit_mom
salamat! ^-^

@Dana
The eyeliner didn't smudge on me the whole day! It just faded a little but (as you can see in the pictures) I'm so surprised by this eyeliner!

@Simplyvonne
Awh thank you! And that's awesome! I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for a wallet like yours when I make a trip to UO! :)

@DonnaBaby
Yeah I'm just as surprised as you are! I'm actually surprised I haven't heard a lot of reviews of this eyeliner either! It's definitely a great pencil liner! At least, in my opinion. haha

Wida said...

Umm. WOW!

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Anonymous said...

love your review!
Congrats for getting A- 95% wow!
so happy for you..
and yeah, i miss you sweety..
thanks for reading my post, i know you're busy but still.. love yah sis!